We're Changing Our Food Distribution Hours
The Rhinelander Area Food Pantry will continue to serve our community.
The Rhinelander Area Food Pantry (RAFP) has been dedicated to building a hunger free community since 2005. The safety and well-being of our community remains our focus. It is our goal to continue our work while observing additional practices and response to COVID-19 to safeguard the health of our volunteers and customers.
Adjustments to Our Operations:
As the prevalence and spread of COVID-19 remains high, the RAFP will continue with no-contact drive through service during our regular distribution hours until further notice. Our volunteers take great care in prepackaging food boxes to ensure needed, nutritious food is available. If there are items that you cannot use included in your box, we ask that you share them with someone rather than throw them away or return them.
- No contact, drive through service will continue during our regular distribution hours. We ask that customers remain in their vehicles and wear a mask.
- All food boxes will be prepacked, including perishable and nonperishable food items.
- All staff and volunteers are following precautionary measures including frequent handwashing, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing.
- All staff and volunteers are screened for COVID-19 symptoms at entry of the building and asked to stay home if feeling ill.
- Increased cleaning schedule and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces.
Please visit the "Get Help" page of our website to learn more about qualifying for a food box, our location and hours of distribution.
Drive Through Pick Up Service:
- If you are a registered RAFP customer, please bring your registration card issued by RAFP with your customer number.
- If you are a new RAFP customer, please confirm that your household meets current eligibility requirements. Bring picture identification as head of the household and provide your current address and telephone number.
- Customers arriving for distribution will remain in their vehicles. Customers will not enter the building.
- A volunteer will check-in each customer and provide a number to determine the order they will be served. No customer registrations, sign-in or order forms will be used for existing RAFP customers. New customers will be asked to provide their current address and picture identification.
- Customers will drive up to the main door when called based on their number. Pre-packed boxes will be loaded into the trunk of the vehicle. If the box must be loaded into the vehicle, the box will be placed on a table for the customer to load themselves. s
- Carts of "choice" items such as milk, produce, and pet food, will be located at the main door. Volunteers will add these items by request.
The RAFP would like to thank our customers and volunteers for being patient under these circumstances. We will continue to work on new ways to ensure service remains uninterrupted and are invested in additional safety and infection control measures for future operations of the pantry.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at 715-369-RAFP or by email.